"No Air" interpretted by Ally and Rlee2828

AllyBallyBabe Duet with rlee2828. Always impressive when duets are done in ASL and always impressive when Ally makes music interpretation videos! Thanks to Ally for the interview!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Easter Season!

     Easter is my favorite time of year because it celebrates new begginnings, new life physically and spiritually.  So in celbration of the season I would like to dedicate the new couple of weeks to a theme surrounding Deaf missions.  By Deaf missions I mean spreading the message of Easter, new life, and a spiritual rebirth to the Deaf community.

     According to deafworldministries.com only 2% of Deaf worldwide are Christians.  As a Christian and ASL student I have heard many stories about the need for the Deaf to hear about Christ.  I knew an interpreter when I was younger who had to describe what the sign "God" meant to a junior high student who had never heard of God. 

     Christian missions organizations have recently added the Deaf as an unreached people group meaning that for the most part they have never heard of Jesus or Christianity. 
    So upcoming this week I am going to include :
  • Links to Christian resources and organizations for the Deaf
  • A spotlight on California Baptist University(CBU)'s upcoming Internation Service Project(ISP) trip to Thailand to work with the Deaf of Thailand
  • An interview from members of a Deaf Church in Riverside, California
  • and more!
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Links